Getting Your AC System Inspected
Now that summer is getting closer, if you haven’t had your air conditioner inspected it may be time to do so. Regular maintenance and inspections can help you stay ahead of any potential problems regarding your air conditioning system. Neglecting or ignoring your air conditioner can only result in big, costly issues. Not only can maintenance help to extend the life of your AC unit, but the process can also help save you money. How? Consistent maintenance will help to increase your air conditioning systems efficiency. That means less stress on your overall system and less energy used or wasted trying to cool your home. All of which results in lower energy bills and more money in your wallet. For an AC inspection in Charlotte, NC, reach out to All Climate Heating and Cooling at (704) 837-0929.
Air Conditioner System Inspection
What exactly is an AC inspection and why can’t just anyone do it? These are great questions. An AC inspection is a process where a technician goes through your air conditioner unit and system to check for any potential damages or problems. That technician will then repair any issues found, clean any problem areas, and just generally ensure your AC system is working properly. The reason it’s important to hire a professional for this is that there are a lot of moving parts in regards to an air conditioner. There are very few things that are there just for show. Almost every aspect of an AC unit has a purpose and when even one thing is damaged or messed up, the whole system can suffer. Licensed technicians have the necessary experience to check for any obvious signs of issues as well as the not-so-obvious. Depending on the size of your home, an air conditioner inspection cost shouldn’t be that high, so why not schedule one? It only takes a few minutes and with the right company, you can have a fully-functioning and efficient air conditioner without having to replace the whole unit. All Climate Heating and Cooling is a full-service air conditioning company in your area that can not only inspect your unit but also provide affordable AC repairs as well.
Air Conditioner Inspection Checklist
As a homeowner, there are still several things you can do to inspect and maintain your air conditioner. While it is always recommended to leave major repairs to a professional, there is nothing to say that you, a homeowner, cannot still maintain your unit in between inspections.
- Clean debris surrounding unit
- Change filters once a month
- Clean out or around vents and blower fans
- Check pressure and coolant levels
- Look for possible leaks
- Check connections are secure
- Check that valves are moving and not blocked
- Calibrate your thermostat
This list is pretty much everything that your technician will look for, along with a few other things they will be able to determine with AC tools. That being said, it is still a good idea to keep a copy of this list in your home for your own needs and records. Having this list can also allow you to check the work of an inexperienced technician, if needed. But maintaining your unit in between inspections is one of the best ways to ensure your air conditioning system is always working properly. If you do happen to notice something that may be an issue, you can schedule an appointment with All Climate Heating and Cooling for immediate service. Taking an active role in the maintenance of your household appliance is the best way to protect your investments. It is the same logic if you have a septic tank on your property. Always keeping an eye on it and scheduling regular septic Tank service in Asheville, NC will result in a consistently working system. Additionally, for both your septic tank and your AC system, regular servicing will also mean there are little to no surprises, which everyone should want.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is included in an air conditioner tune up?
- Cleaning coils, checking the coolant levels, checking the ductwork, calibration of thermostat, checking and tightening connections, and evaluating condition of belt and blower.
- How often should you check your AC unit?
- As a homeowner, it’s a good idea to get out and check your unit at least once a month and having a professional inspection scheduled for at least once a year. Ideally, inspections and maintenance should be scheduled twice a year.
- How much is an AC inspection?
- The final cost will depend on the size of your home and additional service fees, but base costs for an AC inspection can vary between $200 and $500. There are even many companies that offer free air conditioner inspections.
- Should I have my air conditioner serviced?
- Yes! Having your AC system serviced regularly will ensure that it is consistently working properly. Even if there is nothing apparently wrong, having your system serviced can check for potential problems and get ahead of any issues.
- How often should you clean AC coils?
- Ideally, AC coils should be cleaned at minimum once a year. Doing so can actually increase your AC system efficiency by about 30%.
Contact Our Team for More AC System Services and Information!
When you consistently maintain your air conditioning system, you not only protect your appliance investment, but you help to save yourself money. An ac inspection in Charlotte, NC can easily be completed by All Climate Heating and Cooling. We are the professional team in your area ready to help service your heating and cooling systems. We’re available right now at (704) 837-0929.